NATIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
About the Company:
Aspen Square Management, one of the nation's largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms with a $2 Billion portfolio that spans coast-to-coast, is seeking a National Operations Manager to join our talented team. With a sixty-year track record of success renovating and repositioning distressed apartment communities, Aspen is financially sound and positioned for growth with plans to double in size by the year 2030. Aspen’s niche is value-add repositioning. We’ve owned and managed some of our assets since 1989, while we are in and out of other markets within five years. Our company culture is entrepreneurial, the people are talented and passionate, and we offer significant opportunities for growth. The National Operations Manager opportunity offers a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative environment as well as significant financial rewards including a one-year partnership/equity track position.
About the Opportunity:
Join our company as National Operations Manager and help oversee our national, fifteen state portfolio of multi-family assets. If this position is for you, you’ll have a strong business acumen, knowledge of the trades, a passion for real estate, experience managing high-level projects, and a knack for building and leading high performing teams.
- Assist the Director of Operations in providing leadership and oversight of the national portfolio from an operations and facilities perspective.
- Direct a national portfolio of communities that ranges from 3,000 – 4,000 units (apartments) to manage all operations and maintenance expenses, prioritize and efficiently manage all capital expenditures, maximize profitability for each asset from acquisition to disposition.
- Build, lead and develop a large team comprised of district operations managers as well as on-site foremen and their teams.
- Oversee all buildings, grounds and facilities, as well as a large in-house staff. Includes assisting in the relationship management and oversight of subcontractors.
- Create and manage annual budgets to include all short-term and long-term planning for all capital improvements, as well as “take off” estimates for new rehab/renovation projects.
- Manage multi-million dollar renovation projects. Project scope often includes: complete exterior reface (siding or painting); kitchen and bath remodeling; addition of bathrooms as well as washer/dryer connections; design and reconstruction of leasing offices and club houses; utility conversions and upgrades; landscape design and implementation; hallway and common area upgrades; paving; etc.
- Travel to a multi-state portfolio of properties on a bi-weekly basis (4 – 6 overnights per month) to inspect the physical property and collaborate with the on-site operations teams to evaluate the renovation, apartment turn, maintenance, service request, and capital improvement schedules.
- Ensure top notch customer service is being delivered by our maintenance teams to our residents.
- Generate innovative ideas and implement strategies to add value and reduce expenses for all assets.
- Grow successfully into the Director of Operations and Facilities over 18 – 24 months.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience in property management, construction, facilities, or project management to include oversight of teams.
- Experience in multifamily housing preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability lead and motivate others.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience working in the trades (professionally or on personal improvement projects) a plus.
- Track record for delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to travel to visit sites in other states including air and car travel.
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Significant equity opportunities (Aspen Square is over half owned by current employees and partners in this role have the opportunity to create life-changing wealth.)
- Full benefits including:
- 401k Retirement Plan with Generous Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time
- All travel expenses paid
- Employee Discounts