Aspen Square Management, one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms, is seeking a savvy and seasoned Human Resources professional to join its growing HR team. The HR Compliance Specialist position will report to the HR Operations Manager and is responsible for carrying out various day-to-day responsibilities supporting HR compliance initiatives. The HR Compliance Specialist will be responsible for implementing new compliance requirements and assisting with updating existing programs, policies, and procedures. Implementing these requirements includes interaction with our Payroll and Benefits, Legal and Management Teams. The ideal candidate possesses strong organization skills, a passion for operations, a commitment to process and procedure and an ability to work within a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization.
- With the assistance of the HR Operations Manager, outside consultants, and Aspen’s legal department, monitor changes in Federal/State/Local employment laws that impact our multi-state properties.
- Audit policies and procedures to ensure continuous compliance of company with federal, state, or local regulations and applicable employment laws. With the HR Operations Manager, oversee changes in our practices and procedures to meet the changes in regulations.
- In partnership with the HR Operations Manager, develop communications and training materials as needed, as well as set up and monitor acknowledgement reporting.
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Legal and Payroll to assist the HR Operations Manager to improve existing and, where applicable, develop new practical procedures to implement and support compliant polices.
- Assist in the revisions of multi-state employee handbooks.
- With the assistance of the HR Operations Manager and our third-party vendor, follow our Leave of Absence (LOA) policies and assist the HR Operations Manager to ensure that all employee leave requests are processed in compliance with FMLA, State Disability, and all company leave policies.
- Analyze, review, update, and/or contribute to LOA related policies and related forms, communications, or documents as appropriate; assist the HR Operations Manager with implementation, coordination and roll out.
- Ensure that all request and approval or denial processes for employee Accommodations are in compliance with state and federal ADA laws and regulations.
- Participate in the annual benefit open enrollment process; attend open enrollment meetings, setup new benefit plans or changes in HRIS.
- Gain a complete understanding of the company’s benefits packages to address employee’s questions and concerns.
- Learn and understand Aspen’s payroll system and be able to create and pull reports, provide payroll/benefit information to Aspen’s management as needed, and work with the Payroll department to ensure proper employee benefit coding.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience. Multi-state compliance experience required
- SHRM-CP certification or other HR certifications a plus
- Strong knowledge in HRIS systems and associated federal & state laws; Paylocity experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency with MS office software
- Ability to make independent decisions, resolve issues, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
About the Company:
Aspen was founded sixty years ago by local entrepreneur and philanthropist Harold Grinspoon when he purchased his first duplex. Mr. Grinspoon’s incredible business and financial success growing Aspen Square Management allowed him to start his own Foundation and become one of 136 pledgers nationwide who joined the Giving Pledge established by Warren Buffet and Bill and Melinda Gates. That same entrepreneurial spirt that drove the launch of the company is still very present today.
Based in Agawam, MA, Aspen Square Management owns and manages approximately 14,000 apartment units in fifteen states. Known for its fast-paced, people-centric culture, Aspen invests heavily in value-add repositioning and has acquired, renovated and managed over 80,000 apartments in our history (check out our 1 minute “Our Story” video at www.aspensquare.com to see an Aspen transformation!) All apartment community operations are supported from our Home Office which employs about 100 of our 600 employees, while the majority of our employees work from our seventy plus apartment communities located throughout the country. Financially sound, positioned for continued growth, and known for excellence in management within the multi-family housing industry, Aspen is an incredible place to grow your career and truly make a positive impact on people.
To Apply: Submit your resume OR text 7458 to 413-666-1088!