About the Opportunity:
Aspen Square Management, one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms, is seeking a savvy and seasoned Human Resources professional to join its team. This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to reimagine and redefine a new, holistic employee experience across existing departments, including Talent Acquisition, Payroll and Benefits. The Senior Director of HR & Talent will work closely with each department’s director to strategically manage the Company’s most important asset – its people. The Senior Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for talent management, a commitment to process and procedure, and an ability to work within a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization. This Senior Director reports to Aspen Square’s President. The opportunity to love coming to work every day, lucrative profit-sharing, and a generous overall compensation and benefits package make this position a one-of-a-kind career opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; accommodations; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, and structures and enables the performance evaluation process across the company.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the Company’s internal Recruiting Department and external recruiters to recruit, hire, and onboard new team members.
- Oversees the payroll and benefits functions, and coordinates with the Finance team as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding salary and wage rates, personnel expenses and budgets, and provides benchmarking and competitive data to inform salary and wage rate decisions.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least ten years of professional experience and at least five years of talent management, recruiting, or human resource management experience required.
- Professional experience in real estate, construction or related industries preferred, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous salary commensurate with experience
- Lucrative profit-sharing opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits program to include health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K Retirement program & match
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Great work-life balance
- Informal, collaborative work environment
About the Company:
Aspen was founded sixty years ago by local entrepreneur and philanthropist Harold Grinspoon when he purchased his first duplex. Mr. Grinspoon’s incredible business and financial success growing Aspen Square Management allowed him to start his own Foundation and become one of 136 pledgers nationwide who joined the Giving Pledge established by Warren Buffet and Bill and Melinda Gates. That same entrepreneurial spirt that drove the launch of the company is still very present today.
Based in West Springfield, MA, Aspen Square Management owns and manages approximately 14,000 apartment units in fifteen states. Known for its fast-paced, people-centric culture, Aspen invests heavily in value-add repositioning and has acquired, renovated and managed over 50,000 apartments in our history (check out our 1 minute “Our Story” video at www.aspensquare.com to see an Aspen transformation!) All apartment community operations are supported from our Home Office which employs about 100 of our 600 employees, while the majority of our employees work from our seventy plus apartment communities located throughout the country. Financially sound, positioned for continued growth, and known for excellence in management within the multi-family housing industry, Aspen is an incredible place to grow your career and truly make a positive impact on people.
Submit resume and letter of interest.