Senior Construction & Facilities Project Manager
Aspen Square Management, one of the nation's largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms with a $2 Billion portfolio that spans coast-to-coast, has a rare Home Office opportunity available in western Massachusetts. Aspen is seeking an Senior Construction & Facilities Project Manager to join our talented team. With a sixty-year track record of success rehabbing and repositioning distressed apartment communities, Aspen is financially sound and positioned for growth. Our company culture is fun, the people are amazing and we offer incredible opportunities for growth. The opportunity offers a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative environment as well as significant financial rewards. This position is a one-year partnership track position – an unparalleled opportunity to create long-term wealth. If you’ve been moving up quickly and are looking for the next step in your career, this could be it!
Join our National Construction & Facilities Division and oversee the rehab of new acquisitions as well as a portfolio of multi-family assets of 4,000 - 5,000 units. You will work closely with the Vice President of Construction & Facilities Project Manager to oversee the rehabilitation of new acquisitions and the operation of stabilized assets. Projects range from property to property, but include things such as: complete exterior reface (siding or painting); kitchen and bath remodeling; addition of bathrooms as well as washer/dryer hook-ups; design & construction of offices & club houses; utility conversions and upgrades; landscape design and implementation; hallway & common area upgrades; paving; etc. Operations responsibilities include oversight of all buildings and grounds. In this capacity, the Senior Project Manager will ultimately oversee a large in-house staff as well as assist in the relationship management and oversight of sub-contractors. Responsibilities also include project and scope estimation, expense control, profit-loss and budgeting.
Requirements: To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, inner drive, a strong business acumen, and a love for working with your hands. You’ll be known by friends, family and co-workers as humble, ambitious, a team player and a good person people like to be around. Odd to write in an ad? Not for us. We’re unique and we want someone who is going to be a good long-term fit in this role. We offer an incredible culture, the chance to work with the best talent in this business on site and at the Home Office, and a very unique opportunity to share in the incredible financial success of the company. That’s why we’re committed to hiring the right person for the job; this has to be a true partnership – a win-win for you and for Aspen. More specific requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience in construction management and/or redevelopment of residential, commercial and/or multi-family real estate.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to both generate and manage budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability lead and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop talent.
- Ability to relate to people from all walks of life – groundskeepers to foremen, sub-contractors to senior management.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Ability to travel overnight to visit sites in other states.
- Hands-on experience working in the trades. (This is a must! Even if you don’t work in a hands-on capacity currently, your work and life experience must include an appreciation for and experience working in the trades – construction, electrical, etc. The ideal candidate for this job does his/her own home improvement projects after working their day job, not only to save money and because they can, but because they ENJOY working with their hands! We value a strong business acumen just as much as we do knowledge of and a passion for the trades.)
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Significant equity opportunities (Aspen Square is over half owned by current employees and partners in this role have the opportunity to create life-changing wealth.)
- Collaborative team culture, challenging and exciting projects, a fun environment, great people – you’ll love coming to work every day!
- Full benefits including:
- Company credit card for business related expenses
- All travel expenses paid and arrangements made on your behalf
- Airline reward mileage
- Monthly cell phone
Submit a letter of interest addressing why you think you are a strong candidate and good fit for this position as well as your resume to Brenda. You can submit your letter and resume through the online link or by emailing Brenda_Wishart@aspensquare.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Learn more about our portfolio, the company and our team at www.aspensquare.com.