Aspen Square Management is a privately held national real estate investment and property management firm with a sixty-year track record of success repositioning and managing apartment communities throughout the country. Aspen currently owns and manages eighteen thousand units located in over sixteen states. Part of our portfolio is comprised of affordable housing communities. Well known for its entrepreneurial spirit, Aspen seeks employees who are results-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, informal environment. We are currently seeking a full time Compliance Analyst to join our Affordable Housing Department in our West Springfield based Home Office.
About the Position:
The Compliance Analyst:
- Audits property files to ensure accuracy of certifications & recertifications and that proper procedures have been followed in accordance with government program requirements.
- Performs various calculations related to resident files.
- Trains property staff in affordable housing policies and procedures.
- Communicates regularly with on site management staff at properties throughout the country to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Works closely with the Director of Affordable Housing to ensure the company is in compliance with all internal and external affordable housing programs.
- Audits rental community accounts receivable activity.
- Travels nationally one to two times per month.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Comfortable using and creating excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply regulations as needed.
- Good with numbers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently.