It’s no secret that Aspen Square’s apartment communities are pet friendly, and Country Manor Apartments in Agawam are no exception! In addition to the on-site off leash dog park at the community, Agawam/Feeding Hills has another dog park just around the corner!
The Agawam Dog Park is 65,340 SF and even features a small dog area fenced separately from the main dog park. Bring your furry friend down to run around and socialize with many other pups and utilize the agility equipment throughout the park.
The park even provides dog waste bags around the park and 4 trash barrels to dispose them in. It even features a doggy water fountain so your pup will always feel refreshed. There are 2 entrances, one in the front of the park and the other in the back of the park which leads into trails within Robinson State Park which makes it convenient to get to for folks hiking through Robinson.
The park features plenty of different types of agility equipment for your pup to play with. Including dog walk ramps, large tires, and dog weave poles.
There is an asphalt walkway that surrounds the park so you can also stay active while walking or jogging along the path. The small dog loop is 410 ft. – 13 laps = 1 mile. The large dog loop is 760 ft. – 7 laps= 1 Mile.
It’s important to be respectful to the other dogs and dog owners, so be sure to follow these rules when visiting. These rules were put in place by the Town of Agawam and must be abide by.
1. Dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the park (owners must always have a leash on them)
2. Dogs must always be within owners’ view
3. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed in the dog area
4. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
5. Owners must immediately clean up any dog waste
6. All dogs must wear a collar with their current license
7. Maximum of 3 dogs per adult
8. Smoking, beverages, human food and dog food are not allowed in the park
9. The “Small Dog Park” is limited to dogs weighing 25 pounds or less
10. The “Large Dog Park” is open to dogs of all sizes
11. No digging allowed, owners must fill any holes dug
12. Equipment in the dog park is for dogs only
13. Owners use the park at their own risk. The Town of Agawam is not responsible for injury or illness to dogs or humans
14. Glass containers, dogs in heat, puppies under four months old, spiked collars, bicycles, skateboards, and bare feet are prohibited.
Like what you see? Come visit! The Agawam dog park is located at 124 Armory Dr. in Agawam right across the way from the Agawam skate park. The park is open from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.