Aspen Square Management is a leading privately held multifamily real estate investor and property manager with over 70 residential communities across the United States. During its more than 60 year history, Aspen Square has acquired, renovated and managed over 40,000 apartments. Aspen Square seeks to hire a Risk Manager to oversee the organization’s comprehensive insurance and risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the Company. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for risk management, a commitment to process and procedure, and an ability to work within a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization. The initial focus of the Risk Manager will be in reducing risks associated with Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) issues that drive the majority of the firm’s Workers Compensation and General Liability Claims. The Risk Manager will report directly to Aspen Square’s Chief Operating Officer and partner collaboratively with the Operations and Management teams and the Finance department.
- 1 Direct Report
- Dotted line oversight to 2 Trainers/Inspectors for Environmental and Workers Comp Risk Assessments
- Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organization’s services and departments, particularly at managed property locations across the country.
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff.
- Develop a Risk Management inspection process keyed to GL, WC, and Environmental risks inherent to property operations.
- Oversee a claims management platform for coordination and communication of all claims, or potential claims, against the company.
- Collaborate and coordinate with health and safety personnel and protocols
- Maintain the firms OSHA 300 Log.
- Maintain & Improve the firm’s Environmental Compliance programs.
- Maintain & Improve the firm’s Hurricane Preparedness and Disaster Contingency plans.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports and policies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Real Estate Management, Construction Project Management or related field required.
- At least five years of professional experience related to real estate, project management, construction, operations, insurance or risk management, preferably in the building trades.
- OSHA 300 Qualification preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel expected 1 week a month for field inspections & incident follow-ups