We are searching for the right candidate to grow with us and manage the operations and physical assets of a regional territory for one of the Nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms.
Sounds exciting and challenging? You bet it is!
This opportunity is only right for the motivated, entrepreneurial, leaders looking for a challenge and a career of training and growth. If you do not have a hands-on background in Engineering, Facilities, Construction, Maintenance or the MEP trades do not apply.
What does a District Operations Supervisor do?
You would be responsible for between 4-8 Multifamily apartment communities with roughly 800-2000 apartments on the SE coast of Florida. You would lead a team of onsite operations foreman assigned to each of the assets. You will aid the onsite Supervisors as they build and develop their teams to perform the renovation, daily operation, maintenance, and operational performance to meet the specific needs of the property.
Key responsibilities to the success of these teams would be the following:
- Hiring, Developing and mentoring the skill sets needed for the property. (Supervisors, Carpenters, HVAC technicians, landscapers, porters, plumbing & electrical & appliance repair technicians)
- Firm grasp of scheduling, leading and running the logistics on supplies and materials to run an efficient project and or facilities department including the use of a purchasing procurement resource.
- A breadth of knowledge in all aspects of property construction, Maintenance, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Landscaping, and Building Envelope systems.
- Ability to assign goals and projects for the onsite team to set them up for success while you’re not always physically onsite to oversee. Remote project management skills a must.
- Ability to perform capital take offs or estimating based on regional resources and assets.
- A hands on lend a hand approach to set an example for your Site Supervisors and their teams in the field.
- High level of comfort troubleshooting and tackling projects and challenges that you may not have seen of solved before.
Sample Projects a District Operations Supervisor leads:
- Full exterior paint job of 15 apartment buildings. Including developing the proper scope of work with national account providers, wood rot and stucco prep prior to paint. Reviewing final scope of work and performing contractor walk through and bidding. Oversite of the prep, sign off the warranty work and overall logistics of the project including (paint inventory, resident notices, scheduling, conflict resolution and job quality)
- Apartment remodels (50-100) per year. Scope of work development based on standardized design and products defined by National Operations. Including kitchen remodels of cabinets, door faces, countertops and appliances. Scheduling of interior paint, lighting upgrades and flooring installs. Scheduling of in-house labor, hiring of vendors and inventory management for efficient turn days and capital expense.
- Capital Improvement projects such as renovating or clubhouses, permitting, pool deck expansions, fencing, landscape design and installation. Including scope development, contractor bidding & onboarding, scheduling of timelines and cost estimating. Hiring of inhouse support staff as needed.
- Lead Emergency management and response teams. Including but not limited to: Hurricane preparations and recovery, Building fires and/or interior flooding. Hotel services including electrical services, water, sewer and lift station management.
- The ability to train and mentor technical fields through onsite hands on mentoring. Similar to: changing out AHU, compressors or cutting kitchen counter tops to demonstrate proper safety, quality and workmanship.
- Life safety and employee safety management. Employee training, safety meetings and onsite oversight and enforcement.
- Work order management system control. Identifying high volume work order areas and providing methods, procedures and processes to reduce. Perform routine follow up to confirm results are achieved. Development of site-specific preventative maintenance both interior and common areas.
- The weekly fresh eyes for curb appeal, deficiencies and projects. Including oversight of staff and resources to achieve the results needed.
- Lead Investor and Home Office site visits to showcase results and quality control.
Key Skills we are searching for:
- Technical knowledge of buildings and building systems
- Personal Time management
- Fiscally responsible
- Physically fit to work in Fl, lift 50lbs and work alongside staff
- Customer service driven
- Eye for detail and quality
About the Company:
Founded almost 60 years ago by our founder Harold Grinspoon, Aspen Square Management owns and manages a billion-dollar portfolio and adds new acquisitions frequently. We seek out and acquire mismanaged or distressed communities in a range of approximately 125 - 500 units. Currently, we operate in 16 states including Florida North and South Carolina, Michigan and Arizona. Our acquisition team continues to blanket the country to find ideal assets to continue to build our portfolio.
Our success comes from our talented and bright employees who wish to be a part of something amazing!! Aspen strives for physical property transformations combined with unparalleled customer service. All of this is done by starting with the right employees and teams on property. Come meet our people and start your career today!!