Do you love your work as a Software Developer? Are you passionate about the projects you’re working on? Are you ready to take on more responsibility and work closely with our CIO and Sr. Developers to develop cutting edge applications to better drive our business? If yes, you’ll want to explore this one-of-kind opportunity and company culture. Aspen offers an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, a sixty-year track record of success with many opportunities for advancement, and the chance to work in a dynamic, well resourced and cutting-edge department.
Aspen Square Management, one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms with $2 Billion in assets coast-to-coast, is seeking a hands-on Senior Software Developer/ Application Technical Lead. This is a unique opportunity to join a team of very talented, passionate and creative developers and IT professionals. The culture is informal and everyone at Aspen is approachable and team-oriented.
In the Senior Developer / Technical Lead role, you will lead and inspire developers and business partners to real the full potential of technology through the development of a range of new and exciting front and back end projects. You will have the opportunity to be in the trenches with a collaborative team working with leading edge technologies to produce solutions that have real impact on the day-to-day operations of our business. You will influence the overall technology architecture and help define the future of our business.
The Senior Software Developer / Application Technical Lead will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Be a self-motivated with excellent technical expertise.
- Have hands on experience with back-end technologies such as Node.js and C#.
- Be a good mentor to other team members.
- Be a good team player, have the ability to openly communicate ideas and provide and receive feedback.
- Have the ability to understand our business and identify opportunities to enhance it through technical solutions.
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable & responsive web and mobile applications. (Recent projects include an online payments platform, online leasing, lease signing & renewal products, as well as a new web site - all done in-house - just to name a few!)
- Be part of a development team that builds and supports amazing products that will drive the next generation of Aspen Square Management.
The Technology We Use:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .Net (C#)
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing web and mobile applications using leading edge technology.
- 3+ years of experience working with of Relational and No-SQL databases.
- 2+ years of experience building REST services with Node.js.
- 3+ years of experience building full stack web applications (HTML5, CSS3, REST, Node.js, MongoDB).
- Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications.
- Good understanding of design principles.
- Experience designing and implementing high-availability, low-latency and applications.
- Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with Git/Github.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Process
- Generous salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401 Retirement plan w/ company match
- Paid vacation, holiday & sick time
- Employee discounts on apartments, appliances, household items, etc.
- Great work-life balance
- Informal home office environment working with smart, talented and driven professionals