One of the nation's largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms with a sixty-year track record of success managing apartment communities has an exciting opportunity for an organized, hard-working and established Traveling Construction Project Manager to join our team!
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the day-to-day activities of workers, maintaining and repairing the physical infrastructure of the property and maintaining grounds of start-up properties throughout the country. You will be asked to implement creative and cost-effective procedures to complete multi-million dollar rehab projects, work orders, turns, grounds-keeping, and more.
The model candidate will have experience performing walk-through inspections of vacated apartment units, reviewing resident repair requests, maintaining after hours and emergency on-call coverage and service and maintaining time and production records, including a robust Preventative Maintenance program. The best candidate will be able to work unsupervised and lead a team with little-to-no direction.
- Travel nationally to our communities located throughout the country and work hands-on remodeling apartments interiors
- Assist in the remodeling of new leasing offices, clubhouses, business centers & fitness centers (our designs are truly unique and creative work you can get excited about!)
- Work on large teams of carpenters, electricians, plumbers and maintenance techs charged with completing multi-million dollar, physical transformations one community at a time
- Join a family of “traveling tradesmen” who have traveled the country for Aspen for years and part of our Traveling Construction Team
- A minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience running 500+ units
- Running residential rehab and construction projects
- Certification/licensure in HVAC or Universal EPA
- Pool certification a plus
- Certification in refrigeration, electrical, plumbing a plus
- Previous property management experience
- 5 weeks on 1 week off (that’s 8 PAID weeks off a year in addition to vacation time)
- Ownership of tools
- Valid Driver’s License
What’s in it for you?!
- Generous compensation package
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Work only 44 weeks per year …. Get paid for 52 (not including your vacation time)!!
- Food allowances, free housing, cable and airline flights included
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick leave
- Full time, year-round work
- The opportunity for growth locally and nationally
Apply online. Attach a resume (don’t worry if you don’t have one) OR a simple summary of your work to include: Company, Position, Length of time on job