National Interior Designer – Senior & Junior Positions Available
Join our National Design Team and become part of a creative and dynamic group of in-house designers that work closely to achieve the successful renovation and re-branding of multi-family housing assets within the Aspen Square Management portfolio. As a leader in the real-estate investment industry, Aspen has a fifty-year track record of exceptional success in owning and managing apartment complexes nationally. The company provides a fast-paced yet informal work environment, the ability to travel coast-to-coast, an autonomous structure, competitive compensation and full benefits. Our National Designers play a crucial role in company success as experts in all things aesthetic as they relate to unparalleled property transformation. They work collaboratively with our Management and Construction Operations Teams in accomplishing common company goals and are given the ability to make high-level design decisions with Aspen Square as the ‘client’. Our design positions provide a unique blend of experience in both the residential and commercial design worlds, as well as insight into a lucrative and exciting industry. This is a rare opportunity for qualified candidates who are looking to create a lasting career within an amazing company and as part of a small talented group of driven designers.
- Assess aesthetic challenges of newly acquired properties with Management & Operation Construction Teams. Design and implement creative temporary solutions as part of the initial re-branding process before major renovations take place.
- Manipulate Architectural As-Built Plans in Revit for Office and Amenity buildings undergoing future renovations. Re-design all spaces to create the ideal functional layout, exciting amenities that will appeal to residents and potential future renters, and a new modern elevated aesthetic. Successful property repositions often require obtaining a strong sense of the desired target demographic & particular geographical region as well as a knowledge of what local competitors have to offer.
- Create Design Specifications Packets in Revit (with detailed plans for items such as electrical locations, lighting, & custom-built furniture) for construction teams to use as a guide in conjunction with architect drawings during property renovations.
- Source and order specialty project materials, furniture, and fixtures through various vendors.
- Install final Office/Amenity renovation details hands-on with the support of the on-site construction teams (furniture placement, artwork/drapery hanging, accessorizing).
- Assess apartment home finishes for properties undergoing unit remodels (countertops, backsplash tiles, cabinets, flooring, lighting).
- Exterior design work- including full property paint jobs with an on-site crew & exterior detailing. This can include specifying items such as stone work, new lighting, pool furniture layout & design, and signage design to elevate the overall curb appeal. You will often coordinate with a team of landscape designers to create overall interior/exterior flow and a strong sense of branding on property.
- Design and install full and partial model apartment homes to be showcased to potential renters.
- Prepare and stage properties alongside a team of photographers and videographers during marketing photo/video shoots.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a design-related field preferred
- 2-5 years minimum professional experience in design-related field preferred
- Ability to travel to property sites nationally (scheduling is often flexible, but candidate should be prepared to travel for 3-5 days approximately twice per month)
- Proficient skills in Revit preferred / some tech savvy required
- Thrives in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Flexible and can collaborate well within a team dynamic
- Able to take a hands-on approach during design installations
- Strong leadership and communication skills for directing on-site teams
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Full benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending plan, 401k retirement plan; paid holidays & vacation time