About the Opportunity:
Aspen Square Management, one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms with over $2 Billion in assets, is seeking a business savvy, hands on National Portfolio Manager to join the Management Leadership Team in West Springfield, Massachusetts. This unique position offers the opportunity to:
- Oversee a portfolio comprised of Class A-/B+/B assets
- Lead & motivate a team of sales, marketing & management professionals
- Engage in challenging, diverse and rewarding work
- Grow a long-term career with a financially sound, entrepreneurial and stable company
- Join a team of smart, passionate and dedicated professionals
- Opportunity to participate in our Equity/Profit Sharing Program (an opportunity unparalleled in western MA) which has created significant wealth for partners
About the Company:
Aspen was founded nearly sixty years ago by local entrepreneur and philanthropist Harold Grinspoon when he purchased his first duplex. Mr. Grinspoon’s incredible business and financial success growing Aspen Square Management allowed him to start his own Foundation and become one of 136 pledgers nationwide who joined the Giving Pledge established by Warren Buffet and Bill and Melinda Gates.
Based in West Springfield, MA, Aspen Square Management owns and manages approximately 16,000 apartment units in fifteen states. Known for its fast-paced, entrepreneurial, people-centric culture, Aspen invests heavily in value-add real estate investment opportunities. Aspen’s specialty is in the renovation, rebranding and repositioning of distressed communities. Our Management Team works in close partnership with our Operations Team to maximize each asset that we own and to support the on-site teams charged with providing an exceptional living experience for our residents.
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of multi-family communities comprised of approximately 4,500 units
- Work in existing and new markets that span coast to coast
- Travel to sites regularly to work in a hands-on capacity with the on-site teams
- Recruit, hire, motivate, lead and nurture all on-site sales, marketing and management staff
- Develop an in-depth of knowledge and understanding of each competitive market
- Maximize profitability of each asset by building exceptional teams, setting competitive rents, managing renewals and increases, effectively managing specials and promotions, managing expenses, etc.
- Work with teams to create effective marketing strategies (to include all advertising and marketing expenditures) aimed at driving new traffic, creating a sense of community, and retaining residents
- Develop and maintain annual budgets for each community
- Participate as an active member of the Management Team responsible for setting new policies and procedures, strategies for growth and future direction of management initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related degree required
- 7-10 Years of experience leading teams, driving revenue and achieving goals. Property management preferred.
- Strong business acumen and instincts coupled with entrepreneurial mindset
- A solid reputation for attracting top talent
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and outperform competition
- Driver of results as an individual contributor and strong team player
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve problems quickly
- Experience creating marketing plans and solutions that drive sales and revenue
- Motivated, proactive self-starter
- Ability to travel overnight up to three times per month
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Generous salary commensurate with experience
- Partnership interest with life-changing equity growth potential
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits program to include health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K Retirement program & match
- Long-term disability insurance
- Great work-life balance
- Informal, collaborative work environment
- The opportunity to join a dynamic company comprised of incredibly dedicated, creative, talented and dynamic individuals who are all excited about coming to work each day. The culture is truly one-of-a-kind and the people are amazing.
Apply through the link on this posting by attaching your resume as well as a cover letter addressed to Brenda Wishart, Executive Recruiter, or email your confidential resume and cover letter to Brenda_Wishart@aspensquare.com. Learn more about Aspen - www.aspensquare.com.