Aspen Square Management, one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate investment and property management firms is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Information Technology team in our corporate office in West Springfield, MA.
About the Position
Aspen Square Management is looking for a smart, passionate and proven Technical Program Manager. In his position, you will have the unique opportunity to work in casual, startup like environment with the stability of a 60+ year old company. You will work directly with senior management and play a critical role in driving high-impact initiatives.
The ideal candidate has excellent leadership skills, proven project management experience and a strong background in technology. As a Technical Program Manager, you lead complex, inter-team projects. You gather requirements with internal business partners and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to stakeholders. You are responsible for release schedules and scoping in our fast-paced environment. You are familiar with web technologies and have a strong technical background with a history of hands on application development experience. You write code, architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives. You are detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture. You will use your technical expertise and sharp problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot and prioritize issues. You clearly communicate recommendations and trade-offs to project teams. You serve as the go-to person for identifying and managing project risks, and making sound judgment calls on project features and releases.
- Develop and maintain project plans with well-defined milestones. Ensure proper prioritization and cross-team alignment.
- Manage incoming feature requests into a release cycle, while developing tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team; escalate issues as necessary.
- Identify and solve cross-functional and inter-team issues quickly.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to develop detailed project plans and see them through to completion.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage in highly technical and strategic business discussions.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies and the Kanban framework.
- Experience with open source software (such as NodeJs, Redis, MongoDB).
- Working knowledge of cloud computing including multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks (Microsoft Azure experience a plus).
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate effectively across teams and business units.
- Have the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exhibit excellent judgment.
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Have the ability to dive deep into technical details and while staying in touch with business needs.
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Have the innate ability to quickly earn trust and credibility with technology team and business partners.
- 3+ years of experience managing technical projects.
- Software development background and still enjoy being hands on.
- Comfortable working closely with the development team, writing code and debugging issues.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business and technical challenges.
- Expert at the practical application of project management principles and tools.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter for review.